Forum Home | Store | Articles | Videos | Events

Go Back   Pendlay Forum > Pendlay Forum > Equipment

Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 PM

Default Knee Wraps?

Anyone have an opinion on Tommy Kono vs. Rehband vs. any other knee wrap/sleeve for weightlifting? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM

I use Vulkan knee wraps and really like them. I guess they're popular in the U.K. Can't remember where I bought them, but I remember they cost alot less than the Rehbands
Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM

I've never used either of them. I've heard that the TK knee wraps are neoprene and will make you sweat quite a bit. The Rehbands, not so much. Don't know about any other brands, sorry. I've looked at the Rehbands myself, but haven't gotten any yet.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM

I ordered rehband. Will report when I get them.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 PM

I have the TK knee sleeves. I can verify that they do indeed make your knees sweat, but I wouldn't consider it an issue (unless your sharing them with someone and don't have the opportunity to wash them which would be pretty gross). My knees definitely feel well lubed when I take them off after my workout, as advertised. The only issue I have with them is that one of them is pretty hard to get on and my fingers can get pretty worked trying to slide it up my leg.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Banned

I would definitely recommend the Rehband. You get all the benefit without the terrible time getting them on. I HAD both. The TKs tore after about a month, so I finally bit the bullet and got the Rehbands and they have worked ever since.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:03 PM

I just revieved the rehband knee sleeve. i went by the recomendation for size, but how tight do you guys like them? I can't tell if mine are too tight...

Last edited by agavurin; 04-27-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 PM

If you can get them on without too much trouble, then they are prob about right. I've known people looking to get extra lbs from them that have gone down a size from recommended. I have never known anyone to go up a size from recommended.

You will be happy with your purchase. They hold up well.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:51 AM

Thinking about picking up some rehbands soon, would you guys recommend the older blue style or the newer gray style?

I measured where it said to and got 36.5cm, so I'm right on the edge of medium & large (m 33-36, l 36-39cm) should I go for the medium's or larges?
I have no idea whether it will be beneificial or not, but I know often times my knees are stiff and if this will help keep my knees feeling better then it should pay off in workouts.

Thanks, Hunter!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterHenzler View Post
Thinking about picking up some rehbands soon, would you guys recommend the older blue style or the newer gray style?

I measured where it said to and got 36.5cm, so I'm right on the edge of medium & large (m 33-36, l 36-39cm) should I go for the medium's or larges?
I have no idea whether it will be beneificial or not, but I know often times my knees are stiff and if this will help keep my knees feeling better then it should pay off in workouts.

Thanks, Hunter!
Get the medium, I like the old style better.