Forum Home | Store | Articles | Videos | Events

Go Back   Pendlay Forum > Pendlay Forum > Equipment

Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 PM

When it comes right down to it, it will depend on personal preference. These newest shoes are both fairly similar in they will provide benefit to the lifter.

I personally chose the Nikes due to 1) sale, and 2) having worn adidas shoes and found them extremely uncomfortable (I wear a EE to EEE wide shoe and the Ironwork shoes never broke in to be even remotely comfortable in to lift).

However, for most recreational lifters, it will not matter one iota which shoe you decide on, as you will never really know the difference because you will likely not purchase the other shoe for many years before the next model comes out. At any rate, the differences they MIGHT provide will be so minor that's it not really a point of discussion.

In other words, pick a pair you like and get them!! If you don't like them after wearing for about a month or two, then sell on ebay and buy the other pair.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 AM

Out of curiosity, what site did you use to purchase the Romaleos? They don't show up at all on the Nike site, and the one other I'm looking at doesn't have my size (size 12.0).
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 AM

I bought mine here: http://www.athleteps.com/2010/nike-weightlifting/

They might not have anymore of the Romaleos 1. I bought them when they were going out of stock to make room for the 2's.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bryan
Certainly better than the Risto garbage I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Nelson View Post
I would rather have a std then wear Risto....
Just out of curiosity, What are the specific issues you have with the Risto's?
I have been wearing a pair for ~3years. Although I have never worn another brand and therefore I am unqualified to compare them, I like them.
Shoe feels solid and strong. I wish the strap was a little more forward but this is minor.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:18 AM

The Risto shoes just look poorly made. Every pair I have seen have been brand new or after 6 months or of use and need to replaced. They all looked like they where falling apart. The Nike romaleo 1s are super stiff and just not my cup of tea. I went back to Adidas after a year of trying to get used to them. The power perfect 2s are a decent shoe but did not really like them. So I bought some adistars weightlifting and they have been the greatest pair I have since the first iron works adidas came out with. My first pair was the adistar2s with the wood heals. I think the big shoe companies make good weightlifting shoes. The smaller brands just do not last and have the quality.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azolylifter View Post
I bought mine here: http://www.athleteps.com/2010/nike-weightlifting/

They might not have anymore of the Romaleos 1. I bought them when they were going out of stock to make room for the 2's.
Thanks! I'm still waiting, unfortunately... Just have to wait for this site to get some size 12's in before I pull the trigger!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM

Look at those bad boys!

http://store.athleteps.com/products/....0.0.0.0?pp=8&
Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenco View Post
Those are just as bad as the new red adidas shoes.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 AM

So I currently have the red Adidas Adipower ($199) shoes and I also have the Risto White Thunders ($119).. personally I LOVE my Risto's... and I enjoy lifting in them more then my Adidas. Now it could be because of the 3/4" heel on the Adipowers, or the 1.25" on the Risto's.. but I feel much more comfortable in the Ristos.