Forum Home | Store | Articles | Videos | Events

Go Back   Pendlay Forum > Pendlay Forum > Injuries with Dr. Diran Lancaster

Old 06-07-2011, 05:42 PM

Alright, I got the x-rays. The first doctor still kept to his belief that my right knee is a bit off.

The second doctor told me that I simply have tendonitis on the quadricep-to-knee tendon from overuse. That sounds a lot more likely to me as well. Either way there is inflammation there so the 2nd doctor suggested 30 minutes of swimming 3 times per week, stretching and knee extensions with weight that doesn't make the injury feel painful and physiotherapy. I went today for the first physio. First he put some electric.. things that he said are analgesic(spelling?). Then some gel. Then some laser thing... Then some creamy stuff with which he massaged the whole area. And finally ice.

I showed the x-ray to both the 2nd doctor and the physiotherapist and neither of them see any imbalance in any way. Or in technical terms they said they don't see any patella tracking problems. One even pulled out a ruler and tried to measure some of the distances.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the nice information sharing about knee injuries... you can get more information about this at Knee injury and knee pain relief
Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 AM

Update - I just finished the 10 physio treatments. They say it no longer has any inflammation although I still feel it hurts at roughly 45-75 degrees from full extension and when locked up and flexing the quad. Both the orthopedician and the physio told me to start again slowly getting back to lifting and to keep swimming on the off days and if it starts hurting I should get back to him. Now neither of them are experienced with weightlifting. So how should I get back to it. I'm thinking of squatting 4-6 sets with 20 reps starting with just the barbell alternating front and back and doing knee extensions partial ROM sets of 20 with very little weight where it doesn't hurt. Start doing full ROM as soon as it doesn't hurt. Then slowly increase the weight on squats and a little bit on knee extension and decrease reps/sets in the squats. Does this sound good?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 PM

The knee is the largest joint in the body. The upper and lower bones of the knee are separated by two discs (menisci). The upper leg bone (femur) and the lower leg bones (tibia and fibula) are connected by ligaments, tendons, and muscles. The surface of the bones inside the knee joint is covered by articular cartilage, which absorbs shock and provides a smooth, gliding surface for joint movement.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM

First you need to push your knees back. You are looping the bar around your knees that is why you keep missing out front.

Also when you miss a weight several times, don't keep making the same mistake over and over, instead drop down to a weight you can handle and work your way back up.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
. First he put some electric.. things that he said are analgesic(spelling?). Then some gel. Then some laser thing... Then some creamy stuff with which he massaged the whole area. And finally ice.

Sounds like iontophoresis. Usually makes the tendon feel great at first, but the effect can wear of quickly.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 AM

Hi.., I had some problem with my knee. I am not feeling comfortable when I am walking or running. I suggested a Physio he said that I am not properly hydrated. He said me to take more water. Anyone here are faced the same situation? If so please share me your views with me.